Excuse me, sir...could I get through, please...there's something here for you...
It's some: Good news coming up
I know the current pandemic situation is taking its toll on all of us. In fact, just a few hours ago, I got an email from a friend who had just lost a young family member - very unexpectedly - due to Corona.
In one way or another - regardless of whether you have a family member impacted or not - we are all affected by Corona.
I want to express my condolences and best wishes to all of you.
The request my friend had - and I think many people share this wish - is the need for some positive news.
"Please share any good news, cause I really need some"
Well, I thought, I can maybe not do a lot. But I can do that!
So I went on a search for good news - and it turns out there are lot's of them!
May I present, to lift your spirits and spread some positivity:
A list of good news (and places to find them) coming up.
1. Corona is likely to result in a record-breaking 8% annual decline in carbon emissions—the largest decrease in history
More good news on https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org
2. One million people have recovered from Coronavirus
I think that's something worth celebrating!
3. The UK has gone coal-free for nearly three weeks.
4. An experimental drug called remdesivir could boost the survival rate of people suffering from Covid-19, a new trial has found.
More good news on https://www.positive.news
(For specific source see: https://www.positive.news/environment/good-coronavirus-news-from-the-sixth-week-of-lockdown/)
5. There will be 11,000 fewer deaths from air pollution in European countries
...due to a massive drop in fossil fuel pollution during lockdown (Centre for Research on Energy and Clean Air)
Also, check out this channel:
6. John Krasinski has a new Youtube Channel dedicated solely to bring GOOD NEWS to you
"John Krasinski highlights some good news around the world and brings in his friends Guy Fieri, Martha Stewart, David Chang, and Stanley Tucci for an SGN potluck":
7. A vaccine for Corona may be within reach!
On April, 23rd the first human trials of a potential Covid-19 vaccine get underway from the University of Oxford. Scientists working on the vaccine say the injection they are developing has an 80% chance of success reports Sky News.
8. Elle Magazine has a list of 63 positive news
You should check out this article: https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-culture/g31658888/coronavirus-covid-19-good-news/
9. Many celebrities are stepping up to help out!
In just four days Captain Tom, for example, has raised over £1million for the National Health Service in the UK.
10. The Himalayas became visible for the first time in 30 years
11. People are getting very creative to help out:
The reporter Victoria Derbyshire had a phone number written on her hand when she presented the BBC news on Monday morning: Inscribed was the National Domestic Abuse hotline in the UK - an attempt by the presenter to support victims of domestic abuse.
12. (And so can you)
Personally, I think it's possible to find a little bit of positivity - even in the midst of uncertainty and fear. I do believe that, whilst this pandemic has separated people physically, it's also brought people closer together. I am definitely more in touch with my friends and family than ever before.
Have you found a "silver lining" during these Corona times? Someone you reconnected with? A new thing you learned? Growing you have done?
Please let me know!
Yes, things suck at the moment. But good news are never far away. Lot's of love Julia